12 years ago, I started my journey as a DBA — with absolutely zero knowledge about Oracle. 😄
One of my old friends suggested my name for a DBA role and referred me for the opportunity. I still remember asking him:
“What exactly is a DBA?” 🤔
And his answer?
“Data Browse Associates.” 😂
I believed him!
It took me almost 2–3 months to finally realize that DBA actually meant Database Administrator. 🤣
What started as a referral, without even knowing what Oracle or DBA really meant, slowly turned into a journey of learning, troubleshooting, late-night production calls, database outages, Data Guard, RAC, GoldenGate, performance tuning, and countless “ORA-” errors. 😅
Looking back after 12 years, it’s amazing to think that a simple recommendation from an old friend completely changed my career.
Sometimes, the best journeys start when you don't even know where you're going. ❤️
And yes… I still remember “Data Browse Associates.” 😂
#OracleDBA #OracleDatabase #DBALife #12Years #CareerJourney #FunFact #DatabaseAdministrator #OracleCommunity
No comments:
Post a Comment